Cottage cheese cubes stir-fried with onion, capsicum, tomatoes and spices. This recipe is a quick and easy treat for the vegetarian.
- Paneer - 200 g
- Onion - 1 large
- Capsicum - 1 medium
- Tomato - 1 medium
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1tsp
- Ginger - 1/2 - 3/4 inch
- Vinegar - 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2tsp
- Dry red chillies - 2
- Oil - 2tbsp
- Coriander leaves - a handful
- Cut paneer into inch long pieces. Chop onion and capsicum into one inch square pieces. (Separate the layers of the onion). Deseed and cut the tomato into fairly large wedges. Chop ginger finely.
- Heat oil in a hard bottomed pan or wok. Add broken red chillies and cumin seeds. Fry for a minute.
- Add ginger. Fry till the raw smell goes. Add onions and later capsicum, saute till slightly tender.
- Add all the powders and salt and mix till vegetables are coated. Add tomato pieces and saute for a minute.
- Reduce the heat. Stir in the paneer. Add vinegar and cook on low heat for two to three minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander just before serving with hot rotis/parathas.
01:45 PM | TrackBack
- Red and yellow bell pepper could be added for a little extra colour.
- Cottage cheese/paneer can be substituted with firm tofu.